Friday, January 27, 2017

Welcome to The FPS Gamer Noob

Hi there.

My name is Ryan, and I'm The FPS Gamer Noob. My goal here is to share tips, tricks, news, and opinions with you regarding video games, while primarily focusing on first person shooters.

To give you a little bit of information about myself, I'm a 22 year old from Ohio, who has been playing first person shooters for about twelve years. I started out playing Call of Duty 2, and have played every one since, though I haven't played much since Advanced Warfare was released; however, with the remastering of Call of Duty 4, I have begun to get back into the series. In my time playing FPS games, I have played multiple Battlefield titles, beginning with Battlefield 1943 and Bad Company 2, as well as Titanfall, Destiny, Heroes and Generals, Combat Arms, and more.

Now, as I'm sure you can tell from the blog name, I'm not the best in the world by any means. Right now I would consider myself to be an average FPS player, though I was fairly decent back in the days of Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. During those two games, I competed in game battles with a clan of 7 other guys, and we placed in the top third of the leader boards for a while. Those days are long gone now, though, and after taking a hiatus from FPS games, I have lost the edge I once had.

So now that you know a little bit about myself and my gaming history, what can you expect out of the blog? Well, several things.

First and foremost, I will be actively looking for tips and tricks to help your game out so that you can be a better FPS player. Right now my FOTM is Modern Warfare Remastered, so the articles will primarily be about games I'm playing in particular; that being said, I am open to suggestions, and if you want an article about a game I'm not playing at the moment, I will certainly be more than willing to do what I can for you.

Second, I'll be sharing some industry news and rumors regarding FPS games coming out, as well as updates to the most recent edition of the AAA FPS games out. I know from my experience that a lot of things can slip under the radar, especially if it's not shared by the major gaming media outlets. I want to make sure you're kept in the loop for all things FPS.

Along with tips and news, I will also be sharing my opinion regarding the games, DLC, and news. What would an entertaining blog be without an honest opinion? I want to make my voice heard, and I want you to make your voice heard. Disagree with my opinion? Comment why! I want this to be a community, so let's make it one!

Finally, I will be sharing game play videos and video clips that I think are cool, funny, or just think you would enjoy. Remember how I said I wanted this to be a community? Well, this is another part where you guys come in. Send me your video clips, and I very well may share them on the blog! I'll be sure to give you a mention for your clips as well!

The last point I want to cover in this inaugural post is how often I'll be posting. I want to post as often as possible, with a minimum of 5 posts per week. That is the goal. I will come out with a more set schedule at a later date, but as of right now, I will be focusing on 5 posts per week. You can expect my first tip tonight!

That about covers it for now, guys. Again, thank you for checking the blog out, and I will talk to you in the next post. FPS Gamer Noob checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment